About usJob Vacancies
(INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE POSTS OF REGISTRAR AND BURSAR
Bowen University is a licensed private institution owned by the Nigerian Baptist Convention and established in July 2001 with a commitment to high performance and adding a distinctly moral dimension and Godly value to tertiary education in Nigeria and beyond.
The University is currently repositioning and rebranding with the aim of creating a corporate culture template for a Private University that is pristine, precise and improves performance. The University is interested in hiring qualified individuals to fill the posts of REGISTRAR and BURSAR that will be vacant from 1stAugust, 2019.
The Position of the Registrar
The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University. He/she is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as otherwise stated by the University Charter. The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
The Candidate, Qualifications and Experience
- The person vying for the position of Registrar shall meet the following criteria:A Christian (preferably of Baptist denomination) who is visionary and innovative, with exemplary leadership and good communication skills.
- A good honours degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from a recognised university.
- He/she must have not less than twelve (12) years of relevant post qualification experience in university administration or similar institution.
- He/she must be digitally compliant, up-to-date in the use of information and communication technology and knowledgeable in automation of Registry operations.
- He/she must be in excellent physical and mental health, and be between 45 and 60 years of age as of the time of assumption of duty.
The Position of the Bursar
The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University. He/she shall also from time-to-time provide expert advice on issues of investment to generate revenue as well as disbursement of funds. He/she will perform oversight functions over the University’s commercial services. The Bursar shall oversee all finance, accounting, reporting, resource mobilisation, fund raising, sponsorship, grants, subventions, endorsement drive, revenue generation activities, tax and insurance functions of the University.
The Candidate, Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post of Bursar must:
- Be a Christian (preferably of Baptist denomination)
- Possess a good university degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline from a recognised institution.
- Be a registered member or fellow of any of the following Professional bodies: ICAN, ANAN, ICMA, CPA, ACCA, etc.
- Be ICT compliant and conversant with current trends in Financial Reporting – IFRS, IPSAS.
- Have proven knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Package, especially Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be between the age of 45 and 60 years as of the time of assumption of duty.
- Have not less than twelve (12) years of relevant post qualification experience in university administration or similar institution.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Registrar and Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only. Bowen University runs an attractive performance-based remuneration package. The Registrar and Bursar shall hold office on such terms and conditions as may be specified in their instrument of appointments.
Method of Application
Candidates are required to send their application, curriculum vitae and all other necessary credentials as attachment in PDF format to email@example.com, using the following format:
- Full name with surname first in capital letters
- Post applied for
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and denomination
- Current postal address including GSM number and email address
- Permanent home address
- Marital status
- Names and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Work experience
- Present employment, status and salary
- Service to national and international bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
- Signature and date
Referees should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of their report in PDF format to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
The application should include candidate’s statement of Vision and Mission for the University for the next five years in not more than 1,000 words.
Candidates are also requested to submit ten (10) copies of their applications, curriculum vitae and necessary credentials under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked “POST OF REGISTRAR” or “POST OF BURSAR, BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO” to:
Iwo, Osun State.
All applications both in hard and electronic copies should be submitted four (4) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to make themselves available for interaction with the Selection Committee of the Governing Council.
Kayode A. Ogunleye, PhD
Registrar and Secretary to Council